JANET'S BIG ADVENTURE

My photo
“It's good to be just plain happy, it's a little better to know that you're happy; but to understand that you're happy and to know why and how and still be happy, be happy in the being and the knowing, well that is beyond happiness, that is bliss.” Henry Miller

Monday, January 19, 2009

Perspective

This is the view from my window. I have been a resident in this office since the middle of September and it has been clear skies ever since.

I figure I can see as far as Jones and Callahan counties. I can see Lake Fort Phantom and the wind farm out past Hamby. I can see Abilene Christian University and I can see my neighborhood.

It is comforting to look out into the clear blue sky, especially when I am hearing sad stories, and searching for comforting words to say. I have learned that this Texas sky is a particular shade of blue, and it is deep and endless and beautiful.
Just as God's love and patience is bountiful and endless. He does not see our problems as small, or unimportant. I think He does see the messes we make in perspective, however. I think he has optimism and faith in us, as we must have faith in Him. I hope we look beautiful to him from a distance, just as our dry city looks beautiful from the tenth floor of the Bank of America building.

No comments: