JANET'S BIG ADVENTURE

My photo
“It's good to be just plain happy, it's a little better to know that you're happy; but to understand that you're happy and to know why and how and still be happy, be happy in the being and the knowing, well that is beyond happiness, that is bliss.” Henry Miller

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Halloween Party

My dear friend, Larry, was diagnosed with cancer last spring. After very intensive treatment, his doctors are reporting good progress and giving hope for the future. Pam and Larry's dear friends, in celebration, invited us to a Halloween party to celebrate Larry's birthday, and to rejoice in the hope for his life as a cancer survivor.



Pam dressed up as Marilyn Monroe. When the cake was cut, she sang "Happy Birthday, Mr. President," to Larry, who dressed, not as JFK, but as Jesse James.



I decided to dress as a Biker Babe, and Phillip played along as my Old Man. We kept our costumes simple, but enlisted the help of Jessalyn at Jessalyn Claire Studios to provide a painted on tattoo to complete the look.




Phillip found us some do rags and we wore t-shirts from concerts we have attended to complete the look. I think we looked pretty rough. Phillip got a heart tattoo with a banner with my name!



Skulls are in fashion, so I had Jessalyn paint a skull and orange flowers for me.




The party was held on a ranch near Hico, Tx. The weather was beautiful.




The party featured a hay ride for the children. Phillip and I rode along in a pick up truck with Pam and Larry to observe the exotic animals that live at the ranch.




We saw a family of exotic sheep with their babies.




The donkies were companions to the zebra!




Yes, I said a ZEBRA!




We both had to pose with the zebra and the donkies. The owners are hoping for the donkies and the zebra to reproduce. Their offspring would be called a zeedonk.




I got a picture of an elk with a huge rack. Yes, I know it is fuzzy. It was my first time shooting with the 64X zoom in the field. I was so excited that my hands were shaking.



This final picture is of Trish, who is just now recovering from hip surgery. We all had a beautiful day together, celebrating life, and recovery and friendship.

2 comments:

mad4books said...

Fantastic! Looks like a great time was had by all.

P.S. How long did your temporary tattoos last? Good job, Jessalyn!

Janet Jergins said...

Hey, Kristie! We did have a great time. The temporary tattoo only lasted till we bathed. It was supposed to last a week, but Jessalyn had to use a different solvent, that didn't work as well.