JANET'S BIG ADVENTURE

My photo
“It's good to be just plain happy, it's a little better to know that you're happy; but to understand that you're happy and to know why and how and still be happy, be happy in the being and the knowing, well that is beyond happiness, that is bliss.” Henry Miller

Thursday, August 20, 2009

Meditating

This past week, I have felt really tired. I enjoyed the wedding of my beloved son and new daughter in law. I love my practice and my clients. I love my friends and my church, but I am tired. My mind is too full and my emotions are brimming.

I have decided as a self-preservation measure to begin a practice of meditation. This is new to me. I self soothe with TV and iPod and conversation and reading books...

My first meditation practice was sitting still and observing my breathing. I did this for 15 minutes when one of my clients no-showed, and attempted to clear my mind of thoughts. It was relaxing. I did slow down. Weird thoughts kept popping up, about my daily life, but no overwhelming emotions.

I think I will try this as a daily practice for a week and see how it goes.

No comments: