JANET'S BIG ADVENTURE

My photo
“It's good to be just plain happy, it's a little better to know that you're happy; but to understand that you're happy and to know why and how and still be happy, be happy in the being and the knowing, well that is beyond happiness, that is bliss.” Henry Miller

Thursday, August 6, 2009

Happiness Part 3: Two Happiness Tools

I love handouts and tools for self-improvement. I think my clients love them too. I have found two tools, not invented by myself that make an ecology of happiness easier. One is designed by Gretchen Rubin, called The Happiness Project Toolbox. She makes it easy to follow eight happiness interventions including a Daily One-Sentence Journal,Resolutions, Group Resolutions, Lists, Happiness Hacks, Secrets of Adulthood, Inspiration Board, and Personal Commandments. My first one to use was the Daily One-Sentence Journal. You can share your happiness endeavors with others that use her ToolBox or keep them to yourself.

Another useful happiness application for fellow iPhone fanatics, is the Live Happy App. There is a free version, or one that costs $4.99. The only difference that I can see between the two, is that the free one expires and then you have to buy it to continue to use the App. This App is interactive with the camera on your iPhone and also has a FaceBook link. there are videos and quotations about the art of happiness. I enjoy the Gratitude List, Replaying Happy Days, and Keeping a Savoring Album, though there are several other useful interventions which encourage one to maintain adherance to a happy lifestyle. This application is based on Dr. Sonja Lyubomirsky's happiness research and book.

No comments: