JANET'S BIG ADVENTURE

My photo
“It's good to be just plain happy, it's a little better to know that you're happy; but to understand that you're happy and to know why and how and still be happy, be happy in the being and the knowing, well that is beyond happiness, that is bliss.” Henry Miller

Saturday, March 21, 2009

Girl Trips

I just got finished with another girl trip. Voyager of the Seas, Royal Caribbean, from Galveston, to Roatan, Honduras, Costa Maya, Mexico, and Cozumel, Mexico. But the destination didn't matter to me. It was the time with other women. Time to rest and relax. Time to process our lives together. I need space that only other women give me to review my life and my relationships.

Barbara, Denecia, Julia and Patsy listened. And I listened to them. Only other women know what it is like to mother, and be wives and love like we do. It can be painful to love our children and our spouses. Every new relationship brings joy and pain, time spent together and unmet expectations. Only my girl friends understand the sleepless nights, and days spent waiting for our children to understand. They have an objective and loving ear as we review the past year.

My next trip on the beautiful ship being rocked by mother ocean will be with my husband. I will treasure it. I look forward to it. It will be romantic and will be great for my marriage. I will do more excursions and have more adventure. It won't be one thing, though. It won't be mothering and nurturing like a trip with my girls.

No comments: